Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Going electric!

Guess? shirt, jeans,
Cole Haan shoes,
Betseyville handbag
It was 1995, I was ten and it was the very first year when Cosmopolitan started to get published in Russia. I got my first few issues that year too, which, now when I am thinking about it, probably were one of the most influential fashion readings for me. I was going through them again and again from cover to cover every time finding something that I missed before. A lot of my style preferences that I am still true to were born those days. And one of the brightest fashion memories of mine was also gifted to me by those magazines. On the pages of New Year issue I saw a pant suit that struck me with its simple beauty and that I still remember in every details - skinny cigarette pants, fitted three button jacket and silky fabric in amazing electric blue. It was the color that I was smitten by and it still sometimes gives me chills.

Guess? by Marciano Keysha Maxi dress

Cobalt blue is one of the best colors for spring/summer and looks absolutely amazing on tan skin. Pair it with white, black or grey and let the main color be the focus. Bright and fresh electric blue is great for daytime while adding some extra luxury and sophistication to an evening look. This color is not for people who prefer to stay in the shade but for those who like to be noticed.

BCBG MaxAzria Ayanna scarf-print shirt,
Simone textured power skirt
Guess? Jillian wide-leg romper























Some of my favorite “cobalt” shopping destinations this season are definitely “Guess?”, “Guess? by Marciano” and “BCBG MaxAzria”. These brands offer quite a vast assortment of beautiful pieces in a bright blue from shirts and pants to dresses and shoes with very reasonable pricing. I already have my eye on a couple of items like this Jillian wide-leg romper from “Guess?” and surely will find something else.

Dior Show mascara in Azure Blue,
Sephora eyeliner in Fancy Blue

Even if you don’t love cobalt blue as much as I love it (it is not only in my closet but in my cosmetic bag too – eyeliner, eye shadows, mascara, etc. ) I still advise you to try it. This color will treat you well, you’ll love it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment