Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Prints on pants?!

This upcoming spring/summer season brought one of the boldest in my opinion trends in fashion: printed pants. And I am not talking just about stripes and plaid (of course about them too), but about all kind of prints.


My first pair of printed denim was Garden Party Skinny by “7 For All Mankind”that I have already reviewed on “Denimology” . My husband got it for me as a gift while I was visiting my family back in Russia. Will tell you honestly, I didn’t even know what to think when he described them to me on the phone. In my imagination they looked like something between one of the Monet works and granny’s couch. Luckily I was wrong and I actually really liked them at the first sight (thanks God, because I’d have to wear them anyway not to offend Carey ). They are very comfortable and light weight which is perfect for summer’s hot weather. I thought that colors were really great too: bright pink and turquoise with light green background make these jeans a great piece for anywhere from May to September, but still appropriate even on warm days of March or October.



My second pair I grabbed on sale at “Guess?”, they are less “out there”, but still are very cute and fun. Stretch gingham fabric looks great in skinny cropped silhouette, and appears to be very versatile. For sexier look wear this pants with fitted blouse and heels, for more like “around the town” – pair them with flats and simple sweater. Considering that both print and black and white color combination are very classic any outfit you put together with these pants will look classic and sophisticated too.
My favorite thing about summer is that everybody seems braver, bolder, brighter. It is such a fantastic time to experiment with separate looks or even overall style, it’s a great time to have fun with fashion. And think printed jeans are one of those trends that everybody should try; who knows, maybe you’ll find that it is YOUR THING…

No comments:

Post a Comment